Roseburg Medex MDF OVERVIEW
Roseburg Medex MDF® represents the highly versatile ideal of Roseburg Sustainable Design Fiberboard (SDF)*. Medex® is a powerful combination of moisture resistance, superior MDF board properties, and a formaldehyde free adhesive system.Roseburg Medex MDF® has a rock solid track record of superior design capabilities and environmental stewardship around the world.
- No added formaldehyde resin system
- Especially suitable in interior applications where moisture is a concern, Medex does succeed in the 6 cycle accelerated aging test
- Superior physical properties to standard MDF. Truly high performance screwholding and MOR capabilities, among others
- Pre-consumer recycled wood content
- FSC® Mix Credit Certified – available option
- Potential LEED® 2009 credit support: MRc4, 5, 7 & IEQc4.4
- Potential LEED® v4 credit support: Materials & Resources and Indoor
- Environmental Quality
- Meets CARB ATCM 93120 Phase 2 emission limits – CARB NAF Exempt
- Third party certification – SCS, ECC
- CHPS Compliant – California section 01350 approved
- Developed, manufactured with pride, and first offered in 1989 by our plant in
- Limitations: Medex is not suitable for structural applications, exterior siding or exterior trim
*Sustainable Design Fiberboard products include a broad range of high quality MDF products manufactured by Roseburg to meet or exceed the most stringent global emission standards. Applications for SDF include cabinetry, furniture, moldings and millwork.
Roseburg Medex MDF SPECIFICATIONS
Medex® is a sustainable, moisture-resistant, medium density fiberboard (MDF) panel utilizing a formaldehyde-free adhesive system and pre-consumer recycled wood fiber. Medex® is engineered for interior high moisture areas in non-structural applications and is used in place of sanded plywood or solid wood. With the versatility of a superior composite wood panel and the enhancement of indoor air quality, Medex® has been specified in hundreds of commercial, institutional and conservator projects since the 1980’s.
Sustainable Reference Materials
Technical Data Sheet
Features & Benefits
- Awarded CARB NAF Exemption due to formaldehyde-free adhesive system
- Significantly exceeds standard MDF physical properties
- Meets physical properties of ANSI A208.2-2009 Grade 155 MR50
- Passes ASTM D1037-96a six-cycle accelerated aging test
- FSC® certified panels available upon request
Roseburg Medex MDF Mill Capabilities
- Roseburg Medex MDF panels available in 4’ and 5’ widths and lengths up to 18’
- Thicknesses ranging from 1/4” – 1-1/4”
- Available in higher densities with a minimum order requirement
- Minimum order may be required for some sizes
Roseburg Medex MDF Handling & Installation
- StoreRoseburg Medex MDF indoors on a flat, level surface with adequate support to prevent sagging
- Refer to Architectural Woodwork Standards (AWS) for fabrication and installation procedures
- For best results, Medex should be conditioned to the environment 48-72 hours prior to installation
Guidelines for commercial signage applications are available on our website or by request from Roseburg.
How to Specify
Industrial Grade Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), manufactured with a formaldehyde-free adhesive system which meets physical properties of ANSI A208.2-2009 Grade 155 specifications.
Medex® is not suitable for structural applications, exterior siding or exterior trim.
BRANDS YOU CAN TRUST
We carry only the highest quality wood products by the best brands in the industry. We carefully select the brands we distribute; they must be of the highest quality and employ the very latest in industry standards. We take our product selection very seriously because we want only the best for our clients. Your satisfaction is our top concern.
Chesapeake Plywood 3400 East Biddle Street. Baltimore MD, 21213
Tel: 410-244-0055 – Fax: 410-244-1269