Encore™ FR is a Class 1 (A) certified sustainable design particleboard (SDP) made from recycled wood, and meets the most stringent formaldehyde emission standards in the world. Ampine’s® manufacturing process utilizes a formaldehyde-free (NAF) adhesive system to produce Encore FR. During processing, a fire resistant additive is blended with wood fiber to provide flame retardant properties throughout the panel, which ensures the panel maintains its fire resistance when it is machined or sanded. This process results in an extra layer of protection compared to products made with surface flame retardant coatings. Encore FR is ideal for LEED® and other environmentally focused building projects requiring Class 1 (A) certified flame retardant materials, including when certain indoor air quality requirements are specified. Encore FR is manufactured at the Ampine mill in Sutter Creek, California.
DISCLAIMER AND TECHNICAL NOTE Encore FR, and Apex FR HD are Class (1) A fire retardant particleboard products. Timber Products has exercised good faith, diligence, reasonableness, and care by having these products tested in accordance with ASTM E-84-15 and through providing this additional information. Many customers further Process Timber Products Fire Retardant particleboard with a plethora of finishes, catalyst, paints, adhesives, environmental conditions, press cycles, pressures and temperatures, overlays etc. that may react differently than standard non fire retardant particleboard. Furthermore, any one or all of these customer processes can change the fire retardant characteristics of our fire retardant products. Timber Products cannot anticipate or provide guidance concerning every variation or combination of these factors. Timber Products recommends that the compatibility of these surface treatments or adhesive systems be tested and evaluated prior to full-scale production. DISCLAIMER: Except as expressly stated elsewhere, with this Disclaimer and Technical Note, Timber Products makes no express warranties. Additionally, with respect to these products once they have been processed, or otherwise modified, by our customers, Timber Products expressly disclaims any other warranty, express or implied, including merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Features & Benefits
- Class 1 (A) certified, flame retardant panels
- Awarded CARB NAF Exemption due to synthetic resin system. Meets CARB ATCM 93120 Phase 2 emission requirements
- Panel core is dyed red for easy identification as a flame retardant product
- FSC® certified panels available upon request
- Canadian S102 fire test certified
- 4′ and 5′ widths
- Lengths up to 24′
- Custom sizes available upon request
- Cut-to-size and special packaging available
- Minimums may apply
Handling & Storage
- Store indoors on a flat, level surface with adequate support to prevent sagging
- Refer to Architectural Woodwork Standards (AWS) for fabrication and installation procedures
- For best results, Encore FR should be conditioned to the environment 48-72 hours prior to fabrication
How to Specify
- Encore FR, an industrial grade Class 1 (A) Flame Retardant particleboard panel tested in accordance with ASTM E84-14, made with no added formaldehyde.
- When choosing a coating or laminate system, confirm compatibility of the paint, laminate or adhesive with the respective manufacturer and ensure the Class 1 (A) flame spread classification of Encore FR will not be adversely affected.
- LEED® projects
- Wall panels
- Commercial interiors
Timber Products Company is one of the nation’s largest and most respected manufacturers of a comprehensive range of wood products. As an independently owned, fully integrated company with dedicated manufacturing facilities in both the western and eastern United States, we provide immediate access to a tremendous
selection of products and services. We’ve implemented new technologies to make our operations more efficient and our products more cost-effective. We can respond to your needs faster, with greater flexibility and with an absolute assurance of quality.
That’s a tremendous resource for any business.
BRANDS YOU CAN TRUST
We carry only the highest quality wood products by the best brands in the industry. We carefully select the brands we distribute; they must be of the highest quality and employ the very latest in industry standards. We take our product selection very seriously because we want only the best for our clients. Your satisfaction is our top concern.
Chesapeake Plywood 3400 East Biddle Street. Baltimore MD, 21213
Tel: 410-244-0055 – Fax: 410-244-1269
Innovation that challenges flames – Fire Rated Plywood
Our fire rated plywood panels are the ideal panel for construction projects of restaurants, auditoriums, schools and other public buildings.
B-s1-d0 and ASTM E-84 Euroclass certifications that prove its excellent performance in fire resistance tests.
Garnica Fire Rated Plywood modified by an innovative treatment that renders the entire panel exceptionally fire resistant, certified by the most demanding tests even after sanding or machining.
There are a wide variety of formats available to suit any type of project. It have maximum sustainability and lightness because of its composition based on fast growing European plantation wood.