ROSEBURG MEDITE FR MDF OVERVIEW
Roseburg Medite FR flame retardant Medite® FR is made with a formaldehyde free adhesive system and is designed for critical applications where Class 1 flame retardant material is required. Medite®FR has a low flame spread and smoke development as well as extremely low VOC emissions. During the manufacturing process, the flame retardant additive is blended with the fiber throughout the panel. This process delivers superior performance versus topical flame retardant applications. In addition, Medite® FR can be machined, cut, sanded, and grooved without compromising the flame retardant properties.
- Guardian Certified to U.S.Class 1/A (E-84) standards (all thicknesses):
- Flame Spread – 15
- Smoke Developed – 5
- Guardian Certified to Canadian Class 1/A (S102) standards (1/2″ – 1-1/4″):
- Flame Spread – 10
- Smoke Developed – 5
- Guardian Certified to meet the requirements of Extended Duration Surface Burning Characteristics (ASTM E-2768) (1/2″ – 1-1/4″)
- Pre-consumer recycled wood content
- FSC® Mix Credit Certified – available option
- Potential LEED® 2009 credit support: MRc4, 5, 7 and IEQc4.4
- Potential LEED® v4 credit support: Materials & Resources and Indoor Environmental Quality
- Meets CARB ATCM 93120 Phase 2 emission limits – CARB NAF Exempt
- Third party certification – SCS, ECC, Guardian
- CHPS compliant – California section 01350 approved
- Manufactured with pride in Medford, OR
Features & Benefits
- Awarded CARB NAF Exemption due to synthetic resin system. Meets CARB ATCM 93120 Phase 2 emission requirements.
- Class 1 certified MDF with performance characteristics comparable to standard MDF
- Meets physical properties of ANSI A208.2-009, Grade 130
- New York City MEA Approved
- 1/2” and thicker panels meet extended burn requirements
- Core is dyed red for easy identification
- FSC® certified panels available upon request
- LEED® 2009 credits supported: MR 4, 5, 7, IEQ 4.4
- LEED® v4 credits supported: Materials & Resources and Indoor Environmental Quality
Sustainable Reference Materials
Technical Data Sheet
Roseburg Medite FR Mill Capabilities
- Panels available in the following dimensions:
- 4’ and 5’ widths, lengths up to 18’
- 1/4” – 1-1/4” thicknesses
- Minimum order may be required for some sizes and thicknesses
Roseburg Medite FR Handling & Installation
- Store indoors on a flat, level surface with adequate support to prevent sagging
- For best results, Medite® FR should be conditioned to the final environment 48-72 hours prior to installation
- Refer to Architectural Woodwork Standards (AWS) for fabrication and installation procedures
Medite FR® is not suitable for exterior or structural applications.
How to Specify
Industrial Grade Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), manufactured with a synthetic resin system and certified as a Class 1 Flame Retardant panel in accordance with ASTM E84-02011A.
When choosing a coating or laminate system, confirm compatibility of the paint, laminate or adhesive with the respective manufacturer and ensure the Class 1 flame spread classification of the Medite FR® panel will not be adversely affected. Before use remove any dust from surface of panels.
LEED® Projects, Schools, Libraries, Hospitals, Theatres, Offices & Museums
BRANDS YOU CAN TRUST
We carry only the highest quality wood products by the best brands in the industry. We carefully select the brands we distribute; they must be of the highest quality and employ the very latest in industry standards. We take our product selection very seriously because we want only the best for our clients. Your satisfaction is our top concern.
Chesapeake Plywood 3400 East Biddle Street. Baltimore MD, 21213
Tel: 410-244-0055 – Fax: 410-244-1269